about the pom girl

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Bigger Picture...


I can't tell you how excited I am about Buddy. Yes, He is so adorable. And the fact that we got the call from Marissa just two days after I ran into Heather and she showed me the picture of Buddy she had painted made me say, "Hmmm, Maybe there is more to this." I felt like it was meant to be. The fact that we can help Marissa raise $ for her cause and help animals is priceless to me. The coolest thing about all of this, in the bigger picture, is Heather believing in herself and pursuing her passion for art. What a jumping off point for her painting for a good cause!!! It's just so cool to me because giving is SO her heart anyway.

She is a super special girl to me. Our kids go to the same school, we live in the same neighborhood and I have know her for quite a while, but we are so funny together. We haven't even tried and our last couple of hair appts. have been at the exact same time on the exact same day. She and I are like, "Steel Magnolia's" in there. We yack, yack, yack... To the point we are holding the dryer up so we don't miss a word.

We almost got in trouble the last time because all we did was talk and ignore the fact that two girls were actually trying to make our hair look good. Who cares we said, "I know we payin' good $ to be here, but we just wanna talk!" Ha! We have been put in each others path so much lately and things are happening because of it. I believe she has been put in my path for a reason. I think alot of people are put in our lives and if we ignore it, we might miss the reason why! So here's to waking up people and seeing what is going on around you. It just might be the thing that means the most.